Question

SB8200 update for Docsis 3.0 to Docsis 3.1

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

My ISP sparklight is unable to push an update to my modem. I am only receiving docsis 3.0 and should be receiving 3.1. I am also unable to use the web interface by typing in 192.168.100.1

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

​​​​​​the firmware is part of the provisioning. So it should be pushed automatically. 

Got a screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs? That helps check the line. 

for accessing it, check this post. 
Workaround: Accessing the Cable Modem Status Page | Community (surfboard.com)

Badge

My ISP sparklight is unable to push an update to my modem. I am only receiving docsis 3.0 and should be receiving 3.1. I am also unable to use the web interface by typing in 192.168.100.1

i am having the same exact issue. i login to the interface using “192.168.0.1” not the one you gave. so i saw in the logs there was a failed update. i am stuck on docsis3.0 and to even get to this page to type my responce felt like i was on Dial up internet. i am told i should just get a new modem. so i will have to deal with it until i get paid again or it fixes itself before then. it does keep tryting to go to docsis3.1 the blue light comes on only for a few seconds then goes back.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

i am having the same exact issue. i login to the interface using “192.168.0.1” not the one you gave. so i saw in the logs there was a failed update. i am stuck on docsis3.0 and to even get to this page to type my responce felt like i was on Dial up internet. i am told i should just get a new modem. so i will have to deal with it until i get paid again or it fixes itself before then. it does keep tryting to go to docsis3.1 the blue light comes on only for a few seconds then goes back.

We don't check the Event Logs as it been monitored by you’re ISP , so please share the screenshot of the cable signal levels of sb8200:

Please check the below link for the same : 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels