Solved

SB8200 wont stay connected with Xfinity provider

• 13 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

My provider uses Xfinity and they say that the modem has issues on their end they say it is connecting and then drops it over and over...the modem is pretty much brand new...I refuse to believe it is unable to push the small town providers 1 gig speeds I know it's not the WiFi router cuz Ethernet from modem straight to my laptop is still not connecting...anyone know what my issue may be? And yes it's been provisioned to the provider this issue just started tonight

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 23 January 2024, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40
  1. Straight to your computer if the router is still connected to the modem won’t work. Xfinity only supplies 1 public ip address and if the router is using it, the computer can’t. 
  2. Got a screensnip fo the cable connections page and event logs? That helps check the line a bit as xfninty’s first response is always “its not our line”
Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Adding more points to the issue with sb8200, please check the below points :

• The speed plan can be limited to 800mbps (only for Xfinity)
  • Check the LED lights of the modem are they Solid? Flashing (Power/Receive/Send and Online)
  • If you are unable to connect to the internet after connecting the modem directly to the computer, please check the IPV4 address by pressing the Windows Key and the Letter ”R “ together and typing cmd in the RUN command, the next step will be a blank screen type in “ipconfig”  and check  the IPV4 address 
  • If its is dropping on the internet please check the cable signal levels:
  • http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels