Skip to main content
Question

Slow speed internet on SB8200

• 4 September 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an SB8200 and pay for 1 Gig download from Xfinity.. I get a lot less than that and when I speak with Xfinity they just say its a modem issue with the SB8200. Everything looks fine with the modem. Downstream Bonded Channels are all within range - the Upstream Bonded Channels are a little low but not huge. How do I run a diagnostic test on the SB8200. This is the second SB82000 in 4 years and I don’t want to buy a third if they don’t last much beyond the warranty. Having said that, I don’t trust Xfinity

I am having nothing but trouble as well with Xfinity and Arris. The modem keeps rebooting itself - it even did it in front of the tech and he said - “See? It’s your modem.” BS. I don’t trust Xfinity either. I’ve had Xfinity Internet for 10 days and it’s been a problem every day.

Following…..

Since the upstream power level is not in a range, I would suggest to contact internet service provider to adjust the signals in range or to reprovisioning the modem.

I am having nothing but trouble as well with Xfinity and Arris. The modem keeps rebooting itself - it even did it in front of the tech and he said - “See? It’s your modem.” BS. I don’t trust Xfinity either. I’ve had Xfinity Internet for 10 days and it’s been a problem every day.

Following…..

Could you help us with the model number to assist you further?