Solved

Steering to satellite - SB8200

• 27 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Short and to the point. 

I have a surfboard sb8200 and 2 mesh w21's. Only 3 days old from Amazon. 

I have 4 devices way passed the satellite and there all 2.4 only and their only on the main router. 

I have a camera off a ways also and it's the only one on the satellite. If I go outside with my Galaxy watch it goes on the satellite. The main says there are 4 devices with poor signals, but still work, and they won't go on the satellite. My main has 15 devices and my satellite has 1 and my watch sometimes.

I've read lots of ideas from people that think their correct. It's crazy arris won't help anyone, they just have self help. I'm going to wait until 1 month when the warrenty is about to expire and return it and keep getting a new one until I get help. 👍

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 27 October 2023, 20:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Have you tried putting a wifi analyzer on your phone and checking the actual signal strength by band fore each device? I’ve found that very helpful. Additionally, it may be the connected devices that are giving you the challenge. Some devices are very poor about roaming from one device to the next and stay locked on the first device the connected to unless you literally restart them. 

Badge

I'm going to restart/reboot everything like you said and go from there. All my apps tell me the signal strength of the devices. Just overwhelming seeing 18 devices on main and only 1 or 2 on the satellite. There should be a way to control them all. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

On mine (I have Google) It’s common, when restarting the network, for the majority of devices to connect to the primary, and then just a few to the secondaries. If I notice that certain devices are connected to a distant router, and/or have a weak signal, I usually just reboot them and all is good.

Badge

Well, I rebooted every device and everything went to main mesh router that's hard wired to modem. It says mesh pod is doing 1.8 ghz back to main mesh and has a strong connection. I rebooted the entire system and same. I've decided to quit xfinity and send my surfboard modem back with Amazon and keep my 2 mesh pods and get AT&T fiber. They give you their modem router, so I'll hook my mesh pods to that and see how we'll it works. Nothing can be easy. Ha. I'll update soon. 

Badge

Well I've tried it all, nothing helps, nothing works, so I'm just going to return it and try to find a match system that actually has support from the company who actually makes the products