Question

Still Cannot Login to SB-8200 Modem...

• 26 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

This modem has been working well for me.  I want to login to the modem AND I CANNOT ACCOMPLISH THIS.  My tech skill level is high.  I have spent hours doing Google searches on how to do the login, including using different combinations for usernames and passwords, including using the last 8 digits of the serial number for the password, and attaching my laptop directly to the modem, AND NOTHING HAS WORKED.  Arris needs to address this issue, as I found many frustrated people posting online about having the same problem with this modem.  Thanks.

3 replies

did you try 192.168.0.1 user/pass  admin / last 8 numbers of serial number 

worked for me - will get a reset password screen next...

Badge

Thank you for your response and attempt to help.  I tried your solution but it did NOT work for me.  I tried pass as the username, and also password as the username, and neither worked.  Also tried admin as the username.  Password for all 3 attempts was the last 8 numbers of the serial number.

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

The default username is admin all lower case and the default password is either the last 8 serial numbers or password (all lower case).  If neither passwords work, try leaving the password blank.

I would try disconnecting the coax cable, perform factory reset by holding down reset button for 20 seconds and then try logging in at 192.168.100.1.