Solved

SurfBoard SB8200 wifi works but not ethernet

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have my Surf Board connected to a router and can get Wi-Fi internet just fine.  But all of my Ethernet wires throughout the house connected to the router aren’t receiving a signal.  I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable straight to my laptop and still no internet.  I’ve tried resetting and rebooting both the modem and router and still no internet through Ethernet.  What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by plemans 9 September 2022, 21:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

The SB8200 is a modem only device. If the router has internet (as evidenced by the wifi working), the modem is functioning as it should. What router do you have connected to it?

Hello,

the router is a TP Link Archer AX6000.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

a couple things. 

1. If wireless is working the modem is connecting properly.
  2. the sb8200 has 2x ethernet ports. But xfinity only supports 1 device connected to it. So if you’re other hardwired devices are connected directly to the modem, they won’t work. they have to go through the router to work. 

So basically the modem is working. IF the devices are hardwired to the router and not working, then you need to contact TP-link for help. If you have them hardwired into the modem, its a misunderstanding on how the fact the sb8200 has no routing features. Only 1 device can be connected to it because of how xfinity has setup their network.