Solved

Unable to activate the modem SB8200

• 2 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am having trouble activating my SB2800 modem. I downloaded the Surfboard app as suggested but once I opened the app, it said it only applied to certain products. The system seemed to allow you to search for another product but I never got the product list. So I am stuck.  Is it better to just go through my internet provider?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 6 May 2024, 19:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case you can try setting up the surfboard central app for the sb8200 by following the steps mentioned on the below article. Make sure that you have internet on the device that you are trying to setup surfboard central app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Cable-Modem-Setup

Badge

Not a fan of the app. The SB8200 and G34 both got corrupted when using and changing settings with the app and web page. Gave up on the app after way to many resets.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest trying self-activation through the internet service provider’s mobile application.

Also, you can contact the internet service provider for activation with the help of an HFC MAC address.