Solved

wifi name and password for sb8200

• 17 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’m trying to set up my surfboard Model: SB8200 and it’s asking for SSID and password provided on device label and I don’t see this info on the label. Please help. I’m getting very frustrated. There was no QR code either. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 20 December 2023, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

The sb8200 is a modem only device. It doesn't have an ssid. The ssid is the wireless broadcast. You'd need a router for that

Badge

Will this modem work with the Google nest?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Yes

Badge

Any chance you can help me? Or should I call my internet provider (spectrum)? I’m getting to the point where the spectrum site wants new modem MAC address and I’m putting it in and says can’t find. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest you to contact your router manufacturer (Google Nest) for further assistance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Just make sure you only have 1 thing connected to the sb8200. It has 2x ports but spectrum only supports 1 public ip address. (meaning only 1 thing can be connected)

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

There is two ethernet ports on SB8200. But you can access only one port at the same time, because both ports are assigned under same IP address.

If you wish to use both ports at the same time, I suggest you to contact your internet service provider to activate the second port with different IP address.