Solved

Camera connection problem SBG10

• 24 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a sbg-10 modem. I have tried linking a Wansveiw camera and a Kasa camera with no luck. Went through setup steps with Kasa customer service . We tried everything. Tried UTube no luck . Tried a different phone . Very low traffic where I’m at , very rural  , saw no reason to change channel on modem like Kasa suggested. Anyone have a suggestion Thanks.    Pat

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 25 October 2023, 22:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SBG10 modem will be having two network differentiated as 2.4 and 5G. so we would suggest you to connect your cameras to the 2.4 network only an please follow the steps mentioned below to setup the Kasa cameras to the modem WIFI network manually. open the Kasa app and select the camera you want to connect to the new network. Then, tap the “Settings” menu and select “Wi-Fi Settings.” From there, select “Change Wi-Fi Network” and enter the credentials for the new Wi-Fi network.

To connect Wansview camera you can try by WPS option on the interface and please do follow the steps on the camera. Turn on the camera and press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi access point (router) for 3 seconds; the WPS button will usually start flashing. Next, quickly press the WPS button on your camera. In about 1 minute, you will see the status light changes, indicating it is connected to the wireless router. Also follow the instruction mentioned on the below link to setup WPS on SBG10 modem interface.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-WPS-PBC-Setup