Solved

Intermittent internet connection on SBG10

• 7 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve had this router for a little under a year now. I haven’t had any problems until recently. In the last few months, connection has cut out at night typically around 9pm. It would cut in and out through the night. But start January 1 (writing this on January 7), it started to cut out more frequently spreading to throughout the day. It cuts out every few minutes to a couple hours for anywhere between 1-10 minutes at a time. I tried asking my apartment complex and they directed me to the wifi provider. I contacted the wifi provider and they forced a reset. They said the modem is working fine. They said the problem is that the modem and router aren’t connection like they should.

I have tried unplugging and plugging back in. That didn’t help at all. I tried it several times. It’s still faulty and cutting out.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 January 2024, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case are you facing intermittent connection issue on the WIFI or even with direct connection?

Have you tried changing WIFI channel on both the WIFI network?

Have you done checking cable signal level on the modem GUI?

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Cable-Signal-Levels

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel
Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We understand that you’re facing a bad intermittent connection very frequently during the day, were you able to check the cable signal levels and change the Wi-Fi channels?

Also, please include the below-mentioned points:

•  Is the modem kept in the main hall of the home
  • No Electronic devices next to the modem
  • The co-axial cable needs to be without any loose ends and no cuts or cracks on it 
  • Is there any splitter used on the cable line 
  • Are there any loose ends on the cable lines provided by the ISP

If still need more details please contact arris.com/consumersupport