Solved

Need help loggin onto the web manager and SBC SBG10

• 24 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello I have a model SGB10 that i purchased approximately four years ago and I am trying to update the firmware. I have had great dificulty tring to log onto the Arris web manager .

I read online that the default username/password combo is “admin” and “password” respectively. I tried that and then got a mesage that says “Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts!” I tried using the SSID and key that are on my device’s sticker, but that didn’t work either. If I select “Device Status” then it will bring up the box with info such as # of connected clients, firmare version, etc. Why isn’t there a way to reset passwords via an email link?!?

I tried doing a hard reset but that doesn’t seem to have changed the login back to default settings. I have tried using both the original orange Surfboard app as well as the Surfboard Central app and have had made little progess there either. For the orange surfboard app, I tried loggin in and received a message saying “Surboard Central users - please note that the credentials for Username and Passwords have been updated. Please retreive them from the Surfboard Central App via Menu - WebGUI selection.”

USing the Surfbaord Central app, I tried to migrate my old settings but now am receiving “error code: 0015-1805” and it says i need to correct to my home network, which my phone is already connected to…

I am at a loss for what to try next. I tried calling the help line but it said the office was closed, evn though I called within the hours the answering machine says they are supposed to be available..

Bottom line, I am unable to log onto the web manager or the apps successfully and need help.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 September 2023, 18:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello nathan.vonrentzel

Something went wrong - The mobile device cannot connect to your router. If you have previously installed the gateway, please connect the mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network.  Click "Retry" to reconnect to the gateway.
If a factory reset is performed on the gateway, then click "Continue Onboarding" to reinstall the gateway.

Please follow the above steps above for the error occurs on the surfboard central app and to reset modem you can check the link mentioned below to perform proper reset, But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network. After resetting modem uninstall and re install app then start setting up the app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Factory-Reset