Skip to main content

Bought refurbished modem/router combo (SBG10) through Amazon. I worked with Xfinity tech support for a long time, and still not working, even after several power cycles. 

All lights light up except the "online" light. Devices can connect, but without internet. Xfinity is unable to remotely detect it. 

Simple troubleshooting: yes, it is plugged in. Yes, the coax was in and tightened all the way. Yes, I used the Ethernet port and cable and a computer to do the initial configuration. I have experience setting up modems and routers. I am confident the problem is in the refurbished unit. 

I am requesting a replacement of equal value, or greater if unavailable, as soon as I am able to return the unit I have. 

If the online light on the modem is OFF that indicates the modem is not receiving internet from the service provider so in this case we do suggest you to check the modem GUI or the modem interface to check for the WAN IP address. Please do help us with the speed plan that you are in now to check on this issue.

Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The Login page will appear.

On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.

Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.

Click the Apply button.  The System Basic Setup page will appear.

Select WAN Setup to check for the WAN IP address.