Skip to main content
Solved

Registering my new SBG10

• 4 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Where do I go to register my new SBG10?  I suspect I need to do this in order to secure the warranty provided by same.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

You can register modem on Arris.com/consumersupport by entering your modem credentials and email address.

Badge

Thank you.

Another question.  I replaced my Cox provided Arris router/modem with this SBG10.  I was getting 150-200 Mbps on the Cox modem but am only getting 90-107 Mbps with this one.  Cox has rebooted multiple times but it just won’t download at the same speed.  This modem shows it’s capable of downloading up to 686 Mbps.  I’m paying for 250 Mbps at Cox but if it doesn’t get any better I might as well just go with their 100 Mbps plan.  Any advice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing a slow internet connection, could you let me know the issue is with wired or wireless connection?

Also, SBG10's maximum compatible speed is 400 mbps. 

Badge

It's wireless, with Cox who, as mentioned, has rebooted it several times now...........and I know when I ordered the SBG10, on Amazon, it showed a speed of 400 Mbps but on the face of the box it shows "Up to 686 Mbps download speeds".  It also shows "AC1600 Wi-Fi 5".

Thanks,

Denny

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SBG10 is compatible with only up to 400 mbps with a Cox internet service provider. 

Since you are experiencing a wireless internet connection, I suggest changing the Wi-Fi channels and monitor the same for the next 24 hours.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel