Solved

SBG10 Firmware - Firewall -Network

• 5 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I was looking into my SBG10 firewall/firmware and I believe it needs an update.  I received a new work laptop and every time I connect my laptop to the wifi the whole wifi/SBG10 just drops (I am on my second new laptop since I thought it was a laptop wifi connection issue).   I was able to access the configuration via the web, but it doesn’t give me an option to update.  I reset the device multiple times already.  The firmware version is 9.1.103AA85.  I logged in the Surfboard App.  I also logged in the Surfboard Connect App, but it was having issues connecting to the network (no issues with the wifi since all my home devices were connected).  I get the error code 0000-1612.  How can I find the most recent firmware version for SBG10? I just called Arris customer support and they advised that the service provider (Xfinity in my case) manages and has control of the firmware versions and updates.  Is this correct?  If so, I’ll have to contact Xfinity.  Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 7 October 2023, 00:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Ephraim

On SBC app version 3.8.6 and earlier, the app will fail to onboard when the Gateway is set up with a custom admin password.  Update to SBC app version 3.8.7 resolves this issue.  Must tap the Click here if you have previously installed with Web based UI portal link at the bottom of the setup screen.

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS SBG10, because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer.