Solved

sbg10 - no internet connection

• 17 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Good Morning!

I have an sbg10 that I installed in place of my xfi gateway. When I plugged it in, all devices worked fine.

I went to bed and woke up the next morning to my phone and computers saying no internet connection available but it was connected to my arris network.

I plug in my xfi gateway and the internet works, I plug in my arris and everytime now it says no internet connection but I can connect to the arris network.

I had the modem for about 4 or 5 years now, never had a problem with it. I'm having g the issue now in a new place of residence.

I guess it could have failed but is there anyway to run tests. I feel like it's a xfi issue like they have this modem locked out for some reason, is that a thing?

Also...if I plug an ethernet cable into the modem and the TV, the ethernet connection does NOT work as well.

Thabk you

Jonathan

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 20 June 2023, 01:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Jjflash1130

For no internet issue on direct connection and as well as the wifi connected devices on SBG10 we need to test the modem by performing basic trouble shooting like restarting and resetting the modem. But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password 
to connect to your network. This issue may also occur when your modem is having low signal level or not receiving proper accepted range of signal from the Internet service provider, so this can be confirmed by logging into the modem interface you can use the link attached below to check the signal level

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Cable-Signal-Levels

Let us know if this helps