Skip to main content

I had an SBG6580-2 router/wifi in service for 2-3 years, until this week.  Had a power outage, and the router would not reconnect to Xfinity service (for a couple of days).  Checked with neighbors--they had service (with Xfinity supplied router).  Bought a new router/wifi unit (SBG10) and attempted, for the rest of the day, to install it, without success. Next day I reset the unit and my computer was able to access the WiFi service.  However, the computer wold not recognize my wireless printer (printer off-line), and my ROKU TV, nor other ROKU access devices, could not access the WiFi service.. 

That’s where I am now.

Other questions:  When I enter the indicated IP address (192.168.0.1), I get a page with User Name - admin, and Password -blank, and an “Apply” button.,  An I supposed to enter a user name and password of my own, or just use “admin” and “password”?  I’ve tried both ways and still can’t get my TV/devices connected.   Can I (should I) reset my router?wifi to “factory settings” and start over.  If I do that, what can I expect to have to do?.

First you can check whether the modem is online on the Xfinity app and also please provide us the LED light status of the modem now to help you on this further.

To access your modem GUI or the web interface please follow the steps mentioned below 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6580-2-Web-Manager-Access