Solved

Unable to log into admin page on SBG10

• 14 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

The modem\router combo are working; I can get to the internet on wifi and using a PC with an ethernet connection. However, when I try to log into the admin page at 192.168.0.1 with the password I set up three or so months ago, I get the error message, "invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts!”  I've tried the original admin\password and admin\last eight digits of the SN and both return the same error.
I reset the modem by,
a) keeping reset button depressed a full 30 to 45 seconds, then unplugging power, ethernet cables, as well as removing the coax cable,
b) leaving the modem disconnected and with no power for about 3 minutes,
c) plugging in power cable, then ethernet cables and finally the coax.
Once the site is back up -- and the WIFI signal is working (no settings have been erased), I try logging into the admin page again with admin\password, etc., and I still can't log in (same error comes up).

This is a modem I purchased new and not a rental unit from my ISP.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 December 2023, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Badge

I am having the same problem.  Waiting on a return call but am worried they may not help because warranty is expired.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are unable to login GUI web portal, I suggest you to factory reset(for 40 seconds) the modem and launch the web browser such as internet explorer, Firefox or safari.

Enter the IP address in the address bar as 192.168.0.1.

Enter the user name as admin and password as password.

Then you have an option to create a new password and re enter the same , hit apply for to save the settings.

You might get unexpected error while saving the password. On that case, leave the current page and open other tab then enter the IP address 192.168.0.1.

Login again with username as admin and password (you have type the password which created on the previous page).

Badge

Issue Resolved -
The factory reset was attempted several times and it finally worked (admin acct login with original generic password accepted).  Had to depress reset button for full 40+ seconds and with coax cable connected. The under-warranty support chat should be aware that the 10 second reset time outlined in the manual is really close to 40+ seconds.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I am having the same problem.  Waiting on a return call but am worried they may not help because warranty is expired.

As you are facing the same issue, Please try the same steps to resolve the issue.

Since you are unable to login GUI web portal, I suggest you to factory reset (for 40 seconds) the modem and launch the web browser such as internet explorer, Firefox or safari.

Enter the IP address in the address bar as 192.168.0.1.

Enter the user name as admin and password as password.

Then you have an option to create a new password and re enter the same , hit apply for to save the settings.

You might get unexpected error while saving the password. On that case, leave the current page and open other tab then enter the IP address 192.168.0.1.

Login again with username as admin and password (you have type the password which created on the previous page).

Badge

I have an SBG6950 AC2 Gateway, and I have the same problem. Except that I’ve tried all of these solutions multiple times, even to the point of twice having to call my ISP have the modem reset to their service. The modem/router NEVER remembers my new password, so I cannot get back in to the administration page once I’ve set it. This is extremely frustrating.

Badge

The factory reset eventually worked, but I wonder if there is a battery inside the unit that can be removed and set back in to flush all user settings. Opening the modem would probably void the warranty, but if the unit is no longer covered by one...