Question

Unable to login GUI page on SBG10

• 17 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

So I am currently living in an apartment that has community WiFi that is extremely bad. So I’m trying to set up my old router as a bridge in order to hopefully boost up the WiFi. But I am unable to login to change the settings. I’ve tried the default username and password, as well as the security password on my router. I’ve also tried resetting my router but nothing is letting me log into the admission page.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case please try clearing the browsing history and also try on different web browsers after performing proper reset on the modem using the default login credentials. Follow the steps mentioned on the below article to access interface and after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network.  please, disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the device? At the back of the modem, in the middle section you will see a small hole, inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button, please insert a paper clip or a tip of a pen and hold it for 15-30 seconds until all your lights go off, afterwards connect the coax cable back and wait until your device fully boots up.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Web-Manager-Access

Badge

I’ve tried resetting the modem holding the reset button down as long as a minute. I still get the error message of “Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts”. Like I’ve said I’ve tried resetting multiple times, different browsers, and cleared my history. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you already tried with multiple resets, I suggest you to reset one more time and follow the steps given below:

After factory reset, login to GUI web portal and enter username as admin and password as password.

Then the page will suggest you to create a new password.

After re enter the new password, while saving the changes, you might get the error as unexpected error.

Please open other tab, login the GUI portal with the new password which you entered on the previous screen.

Badge

How do I log into the GUI web portal?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Launch web browser such as internet explorer or google chrome etc. You have to enter the IP address in the address box as 192.168.0.1.

The page will redirect to Arris surfboard login page.

Enter the default credentials:

USER NAME as admin and PASSWORD as password.

Badge

That’s where I’ve been doing everything at. I go to that web address of 192.168.0.1 then put in Admin and password. That’s when I get the error message of “Invalid user name or password, or your access has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts”. and I try to reset the router and retempt it but I still get the same message 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you experiencing the same error after reset, I suggest you to try with different browser and different device.

Also try to access the GUI page without co-axial cable.