Solved

update Arris SGb10 firmware

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I use my modem with Xfinity and it’s noted that my modem needs a firmware update. I believe this is why it can process at faster speeds. Obviously Xfinity cannot push that update to my Arris SBG10. The current firmware version it’s using is 9.1.103AA85. I can’t find anywhere on Arrris (now Comscope) site how to access the update.

icon

Best answer by plemans 23 January 2024, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS (SBG10), because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. Even for the device owned by the cx only service provider can send updated since the modem receives signal from the ISP.

Badge

Thank you however this  response was not helpful. When assessing updates , Xfinity specifically cant push the updates needed to my Arris. Arris has to be able be updated independently. I am seeking information on how to do that specifically. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@Msbattle32 There isn’t a way. You saying they can update independently is incorrect. Firmware has to be pushed by the ISP with combo devices. They might have an update and send it to xfinity but xfinity has to certify it and then send it out.