Solved

What is "old password" when resetting wifi password for SBG10?

• 26 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am trying to change the password and it asks for “old password”. I assumed this was the word “password” that I used to login in under “admin”.  When I fill in all the boxes and click “Apply” it says the old password is incorrect.  I tried entering the WIFI Security key of the unit and it didn’t like that either.  What is the old password?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 August 2023, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello bkerea66

If you are getting the same error again repeatedly the in this case we would suggest you open a fresh new tab, without closing the current tab where you get the error message and try logging in using the password which you have created before and that will allow you login to the interface. If still you are not allowed you need to perform hard reset on the modem then try using default login credentials as mentioned on the below link. But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG10-Web-Manager-Access