Solved

Xfinity shows my SBG10 as SBG1000 and it is not supported and slow speed internet

• 11 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

My Xfinity page shows 33 mbps. I get over 150 on a speed check though. However, SBG10’s lights don’t flash on start up. Eventually they all come on ( 2 minutes or so) and it works.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 18 June 2024, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Are you facing intermittent connection issue? Is this happening on wifi or even on the device connected to the modem directly?

If the issue on wifi, is this on 2.4 and 5G as well?

Badge

Thanks for the help. The Arris always works. I called Xfinity and was told that it shows sbg10 on their side. It’s a problem on the Xfinity website.

Just don’t know why the lights don’t flash on startup as stated in the guide. Does this mean anything? Device always works though. All the lights come on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Please specify which specific LED light on the modem you're asking about.

Since there are 5 lights on the modem, please let us know which light you are referring to.

Badge

I’ll repeat. During startup, the first 3 led’s will flash and then light up solid in sequence, as stated in Quick Start Guide, and my old modem did this also. This modem does not flash. That’s all. All the lights do light up. The modem works. The wifi works. There is just no flash in the beginning.Does this mean anything?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

It is normal behavior until you are experiencing internet connectivity issues or any intermittent internet connection.