Question

QoS

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

How can I find the QoS settings on an SBG6950AC2 router?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Luckyrod

On SBG6950AC2 model doesn't have separate section for QoS setup but that setup can be done on the modem Wi-Fi setup where you can find the same option to change manually for providing Quality of Service. Once you logged in to the modem interface or GUI select wireless 2.4 setup 

On the Wireless - WMM Quality of Service page, WMM Support - Set WMM support to On, or Off.

Power Save Support - Set Power Save support to On or Off. When Power Save is enabled, the Access Point (AP) queues for packets for STAs are in Power Save mode.  Queued packets are transmitted when the station (STA) notifies AP that it has left the Power-Safe mode

Click the Apply button.

Please follow the steps mentioned above to setup WMM, Wi-Fi Multimedia currently implements wireless Quality of Service (QoS) by transmitting data depending on the priority settings. 

Let us know if this helps.

Badge

On the wireless 2.4 GHz These are the only options. In two of your steps use the word support which is not on this page. Enabling WMM and WMM Power Save mode doesn’t allow me to control the speed of traffic. What I was led to believe was that I could lower the rate of speed on this router through QoS setting. I wanted to see if 400 Mbps/sec was good enough for my household traffic.

Basic Setup

Enable Wireless

help.png

Wireless Network Name (SSID)

help.png

Broadcast Network Name (SSID)

help.png

Tx Power Level HighMediumLow

help.png

Channel Auto1234567891011

help.png

AP Isolation