Solved

Some home network connections are being forwarded to an external captive portal on BSG7600AC2

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Not sure what’s going on but some connections to my home network are forwarding to an external captive portal site - connectivitycheck. I did not set this up. How do I stop this from happening? This is not a wifi hotspot - it’s my home network. Not every connection gets forwarded to the external site - only some of them. And this is not a wifi problem - the wifi connections in the router are working fine. It’s some of the ethernet connections that are getting forwarded. I know they are connected to the internet because they are bringing up that external page, but they show as not connected because that captive portal appears to be blocking the connection. I am on Xfinity and the external connectivitycheck captive portal is bringing up an xfinity login screen as if I was on a wifi hotspot, which I am not. But again, the wifi connections and some ethernet connections are working fine. And all connections show as connected via Advanced IP Scanner even if they are blocked by the portal.

icon

Best answer by madmartian 6 May 2024, 05:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge

Problem solved. Comcast had used the wrong number from the bottom of the modem when they set it up. The correct address is the HFC MAC, not the WAN MAC. Somehow it was partially working with the wrong MAC address...