Question

wired connection for ARRIS SBG7400AC2 not working

• 29 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a ARRIS SBG7400AC2 router/modem to use with Xfinity. For a while now, the wired Ethernet  connections do not seem to be working, but the Wi-Fi works just fine. I have tried different Ethernet cables, and different ports, but the result is the same. I had the wired connections leading to me PC and printer. But now I can only connect to both via Wi-Fi.

I do have a Blink doorbell dongle plugged into the USB port in the front that seems to work fine, too.

I noticed this happen after we had a lightning storm one day, so I’m wondering if that was the cause. The router has been unplugged and restarted many times, but that hasn’t fixed the issue.

Is there a way to test and see what the issue might be? I’m just trying to figure out if maybe there is a different way to reset that might fix things, or if there is something that just got fried internally for this to happen. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Tragic_Comic

In this case we would suggest you to reset modem without coax cable and also check whether you can see lights on ethernet port. If even after resetting modem same issue persist then that indicates ethernet port issue so we would suggest you to contact Arris phone support for warranty assistance by visiting arris.com/consumersupport

Below is the article link attached to follow steps for performing reset on the modem and after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network.  http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7400AC2-Factory-Reset