Skip to main content

I’ve googled this and they tell you to take your mobile device (andriod)  far enough away from the router/ modem to force it to 2.4ghz.  But still during setting up, the WYZE v3 cameras are replying that they cannot connect to the network.  Is there not a way to have this dual band router support my tablet/ phone, etc. at 5ghz and also recognize the cameras on the 2.4ghz band?

I also googled this and there are videos to “blend” the 2 networks but I had no success.  It’s was over may pay grade lol.

David G.

Hi @dgraham1183.  The SSID SBG8300-0935-5G is 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.  Connect the 2.4 devices to 2.4 GHz SSID, that’s the one w/o 5G and should look like this SBG8300-0935. 

If you change the default SSIDs and they’re identical on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, you’ll need to make them unique so that you know you’re connecting to 2.4 GHz.  Hope this helps.  

The problem is none of my devices “see” the 2.4 range.  And I have no experience changing the default SSIDs.  And ARRIS has no real technical support and don’t recognize my router by s/n and model to see if it’s still under warranty.  Frustrating, I filled the fields multiple times and to no avail.

And thanks so much!!!

If your phone is in the same room as SBG8300 and not picking up 2.4 SSID, I’d suggest checking the settings in the SBG8300 configuration page.  Open your web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. 

1. Go to Gateway > Hardware > Wireless screen to check if the 2.4 GHz is active.

• If Link or Radio status is Inactive: Go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi screen to make sure 2.4 GHz Radio is enabled.

2. On the Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi screen, click Edit for the 2.4 GHz network in the Home Wi-Fi Network section.  Set security mode to WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), check Enabled for Broadcast Network Name (SSID) and save changes.

Good luck!

, thanks so much.  This was very helpful and sucessful.

dg