Question

arris sbg8300 disconnect every 48 hours

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I bought a new arris sbg8300 modem. When using it every 48 hours it disconnects the internet the light is still green and I have to unplug and plug the modem back to work again. It disconnects exactly same time all the time. I was thinking because on my arris app there is zero my devices connected, it thinks nothing is on so it stop connecting. I can’t add any devices on the app because are no choices to add my devices. When logging on arris on my computer it show what is connected. I rest the modem and that didn’t work. Any idea?

4 replies

Badge

I already factory rest the modem and that didn’t fix the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing intermittent internet connections, let us know whether the issue is with a wired or wireless connection.

If the issue is with both wired and wireless connections, I suggest you to check the cable signals to make sure they are all-in range.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

Should I return the modem if it not in range what modem I should get for it to work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the signals are not within range, I suggest contacting the internet service provider and asking them to adjust the cable signals within a range.