Question

Arris SBG8300 Unable to open ports

• 30 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am attempting to host a Space Engineers dedicated server to play with my friend. This application by default uses port 27016.

Forwarding this port in my modem and using canyouseeme.org I am unable to get the port to report open even after using a variety of different fixes.5

I am able to see my server in the LAN section of the server browser but it does not list in the public facing list as it should be if the port was open.

I have disabled windows firewall/defender and also Malwarebytes while trying to sort this out.

My ISP is xfinity and I already called them to see if there was something weird on their end but they said it is a modem or PC configuration issue.

DMZ doesn't work either says my ports are still closed.

I feel like I know what I am doing here normally and am very confused. Spent a good amount of time trying different solutions I have found online and have been unable to sort the issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Do you have Advanced Security enabled on your account? Even if you have the IP address for your server setup as a DMZ or using port forwarding, the Advanced Security will still block ports. You can check using the Xfinity app.

Hope this helps.