Skip to main content
Question

"Connected, No Internet" - ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300

• 22 February 2023
  • 2 replies

ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router

Purchased this modem/router combo last month so that I could stop renting one through Midcontinent. The issue below has occurred intermittently since then, but worse over the last 2 weeks. I am not well-versed in this area, but will explain the best I can.

I receive an error - every day - of "Connected, No Internet" on my Hisense android TV. Other devices (phone, laptop) will also disconnect when this happens. I've rebooted the modem (and affected devices) multiple times. My TV network settings will show "Connected - Signal Strength Excellent" but no wifi access. When I reboot the modem, I'm able to reconnect the other devices, but the TV will usually continue showing the error. (As of the time of this post, the TV is connected to wifi and working).

I have a DVR security system connected to the modem via ethernet cable, which is unaffected by this connectivity issue. 

My current service is Midco Internet 500: up to 500 Mbps downloads / 30 Mbps uploads. 

Wondering if this is related to the modem itself or if I just need to upgrade my internet service. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello niclifts, 

We understand the issue that for the past two weeks you were facing intermittent issue and currently facing no internet . 

You are able to connect to Wi-Fi but unable to connect internet on the devices 

Could you let us know the status of Led Lights ? There are two lights Online and Wi-Fi .

Kindly do a Factory Reset and check the “WAN IP” address:

Please follow the steps below for Factory Reset :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Factory-Reset

To check on “WAN IP” address : Please log in to web manager page: (192.168.0.1) :

On the gateway page. please go to Connection and click on “WAN” and check IP address 

Kindly share the WAN IP address to us .We will check and let you know. 

Badge

Hi - The top light is solid green and the bottom light is fast blinking green.

These are the two WAN IP addresses from the web manager page:

-WAN IP Address (IPv4):[edit: removed personal information]
-WAN IP Address (IPv6):[edit: removed personal information]

The wifi access on the TV goes out every evening at the same time. This is when my DVR security system (ethernet connection) begins scheduled recording. I've tried shutting off the recording feature, lowering the resolution of each camera to 720p, and leaving the ethernet cable disconnected. The TV still loses wifi access and I'm unable to reconnect, despite resetting the modem, clearing the TV's cache, unplugging/restarting everything. I have also factory reset the TV itself. 

I have not yet completed a factory reset of the modem. All of my other devices stay connected to the wifi (or easily reconnect if needed) aside from the Hisense TV.