Skip to main content

I have 3 arris modem/router combos and they all failed in less than 2 ½ years. The last one I had was 8300 combo and the lasted 1 ½ years. I was supposed to have a 2 year warranty. Called tech support at least 4 times and talked and talked. demonstrated that the modem failed. Would not honor warranty. When I first called mid i bought from Amazon and that the warranty was not valid. I called Amazon the they said they were an authorized dealer for Arris products. They even showed the 2 year warranty in their sales ad on-line. Is anyone there then me having warranty issues???? The tech support is from India and it is very hard to understand what they are saying. Very frustrated. Won’t buy Arris products ever again. Help!!!

Hi kmsommers,

The products that been purchased from Arris as 2 Year Warranty and a Refurbished Unit as  1 Year Warranty .

Could you let us know when did you purchase the SBG8300 modem? so it will help us to know the warranty .

After talking to your tech support this is the first I am hearing that this was a refurbished unit. Amazon sold it as a new unit. There was no mention of refurbishment.I paid $274 for this unit. your group will bend over backwards to get out of a legitimate warranty claim.

I am tired of dealing with your company. I have given your tech support my information 3 times already. How many times do you need my information to honor your warranty? I am learning to live with your companies dishonesty.