Solved

How do I reconnect devices to the 2.4GHz network in SBG8300

• 4 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Lost power yesterday and now none of the devices that are running on 2.4GHz are connecting I can’t get them to connect and I can’t figure out how to connect them??

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 7 November 2023, 02:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Have you logged into the SBG8300 and checked to see if the 2.4ghz ssid/password is the same as it was before? 

Badge

Have you logged into the SBG8300 and checked to see if the 2.4ghz ssid/password is the same as it was before? 

I did manage to connect 2 devices on the 2.4 network, I have 3 smart plugs however that I can’t seem to connect. The password was the same for the ones I did manage to connect so I don’t think that's the issue. I had to take a break LOL but I need to find the instructions for the plugs, I think that may help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you unable to connect the devices under 2.4GHZ, I suggest you to change the security mode and try to connect the devices.

To change the security mode, follow the steps given below:

Launch any one of the browser such as google, Microsoft edge etc. and enter it on the address box as 192.168.0.1.

Once logged in, select >gateway>connection>Wi-Fi>networks and select edit for 2.4GHz.

Change the security mode as WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)