Solved

Intermittent connection to xfinity on SG8300

• 21 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

What could be the problem. I thought this router/modem was compatible for use on xfinity. I can go 2 or 3 days and no problems then I can have 2 or 3 hangups. Rebooting my computer normally fixes the problem. What could be causing this? Sometimes it hangs up and the mouse doesn’t work and other times the screen hangs up when online but I can use the computer off line. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 28 November 2023, 02:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SG8300 is compatible with Xfinity. If your facing intermittent issue only on particular device then you need to check with the device manufacturer if this is affected on all the devices connected to home network then yo need to perform basic trouble shooting to isolate the issue. If you are facing intermittent issue with WIFI connected devices you can try changing WIFI channel on modem interface by following steps mentioned on the below article. After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then i would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel