Skip to main content
Solved

Monitoring data usage in SBG8300

On a SBG8300, how do I monitor how many gigabytes pass through it to compare to my ISP?  ISP says my data usage went up 300% in 1 month with no changes in usage!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello John R Goldstein

To monitor data usage on the modem setting or on modem interface/ GUI is not possible because there is no such option available on the modem settings, this is for every model including SBG8300 are have no option to monitor data usage. If in case you need to monitor data usage you can use separate application or you need to check for the other option with your internet service provider.

Let us know if this helps.

Badge

The reason that I ask is the ISP is showing that my about 200 gigabyte per month jumped to 1400 gigabytes without any other users or changes.  This has happened before and after a few months, it goes right back down.to the 200 range.  The Guests are disabled.  I am trying to verify or dispute their numbers.  I ask them where the counter is that is accumulating these gigs and they all say they do not know!

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello John R Goldstein,

We understand you’re query but the usage of data is monitored by ISP.  They have the resources to check on the same .