Solved

Need help getting Warranty replacement

• 21 September 2022
  • 1 reply

5 months ago my brother-in-law purchased an Arris SBG8300 Modem/Router, which he understood would eliminate a monthly rental fee from Cox Cable.  He has issues communicating so I advocate for him.

The Arris Modem/Router worked fine for about a month and then started to degrade as far as buffering. When we called Arris Customer Support, we were told the problem was how Cox Cable set up the Modem/Router.

My brother-in-law then had a Cox technician come over.  After several tests, the technician concluded there was nothing wrong with the internet, that the buffering was in fact the Modem/Router.

We then called Arris customer support back and was told to change some settings in the Modem/Router via the computer.  The changes made no difference in the what was now constant buffering. When we called again, a different Arris customer service person would suggest the same settings as before.

My brother-in-law then took the Modem/Router back to Best Buy, but was told he was past the return time, and he had to get a warranty replacement from Arris.

Out of desperation, he tried another Modem/Router and everything was fine thus proving the problem was the defective Arris Modem/Router he purchased at Best Buy.

When we called Arris customer support the fourth time, all they did was suggest the same settings. We said to look at the notes from previous calls for this case, but that was ignored and they just kept repeating the same suggestions we had already attempted several times. Requesting a warranty replacement went no where.

Can someone tell us who to contact at Arris to finally get the warranty replacement?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 September 2022, 19:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Bjorn

I apologize for the inconvenience, I sent you a private message to help you out with this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.