Skip to main content

I own my sbg8300 modem-router and use Mediacom. Recently it stopped working and I couldn't connect to the admin page, so I hardcoded my computer IP settings, connected to the router, and found that the ipv4 settings were all wrong. I reset them and the router worked for two weeks. Today they are messed up again and it won't save my changes. Right now the gateway is set to 120.74.103.183 and the subnet is 0.208.94.67. These are wrong, right? Is my firmware corrupted? How do I fix it?

In this case, we recommend contacting your internet service provider to try re-provisioning the modem. This will configure it for the new setup and should resolve the issue.

I own this modem and Mediacom will not service it. They directed me to you.

I did a factory reset and it is currently working. What caused the behavior I saw, and how do I protect myself against it happening again?

Great to know that the modem is working fine. If the problem persists in future, I suggest checking the cable signals to make sure all in range.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Cable-Signal-Levels