Solved

No internet of SBG8300

• 2 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a few Smart Bulbs and Outlets.  I just bought an Arris SBG8300 Modem/Router and I can not get any of them to connect.  What do I need to do to get them connected?  Tanks for your Help!

Terry B.

icon

Best answer by plemans 3 December 2023, 16:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What error are you getting during setup? 

Did you contact the manufacturer of them for help setting up their devices?

Badge

I am not getting an error.  I had a Netgear Nighthawk that just went out and bought the Arris SBG8300 to replace it.  I had no problems setting them up on the Netgear.  I was able to set up the Smart Bulbs last night by putting my phone on Airplane Mode.  But the Arris just won't recognize the Smart Sockets.  I'm at a loss.  Thanks for your Help!!!  I really appreciate it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Not sure what you mean by the arris won’t recognize them. 

The arris doesn’t, its the smart bulbs that connect to the arris. Not vice versa. 

You could always use the same ssid for the arris that the netgear had and devices should automatically connect to them

Badge

OK, not the smartest on how it all works but that makes sense.  But how do I change the ssid?  Will I change it on the app or will I need to do it on my computer?  I really appreciate your input!

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

either works. 

General FAQs: SBG8300: Changing the Wi-Fi Name and Password (salesforce-sites.com)

Badge

Gotcha!!!  I will try that and see what happens.  Thanks again for your help!