Skip to main content

I set up port forwarding for my AirTV and Camera security system. All works fine for a day or so and then stops working. I was rebooting my router to resolve this issue but found that simply turning port forwarding off and then back on solves the problem. It is kind of frustrating that I need to do this on a regular basis. Is this a know issue? Is there a fix on the way? Is there a work around? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Demcder

In this case to isolate the issue could you please help me with the following details 

Is this happening on all the devices connected to the modem or on the above mentioned devices?

Is your modem completely booting up when you loose internet or only the Wi-Fi goes off?

Is this happening on the devices that are done with port forwarding?

This issue only affects the devices being port forwarded. There is no loss of internet or wifi on any other devices connected to the router. It is as if the port forwarding rules stop working until I disable and then re enable port forwarding on the router. Also I am unable to view any port forwarding rules that i have created. They will appear for a short time if I create a new rule but then disappear again.

In this case we would suggest you to remove the port forwarding setup and then perform restart on the modem for a minute then try the port forwarding setup again and check the connection if still is not working or intermittent please try using different port number.

Sounds like a plan but how can I remove it if I can’t see it? 

Make sure your devices are connected to modem WIFI network. Try connecting to 2.4 network then you can see the devices on the port forwarding setup page. Please follow the steps mentioned on the link and try trouble shooting this may fix the issue.

The devices that I am having trouble with are hard wired not connected through wifi. Are you telling me they won’t show up unless connected to the 2.4 wifi? They work fine after I disable and then enable port forwarding. They however never show up in the port forwarding rules and if I try to add them again I get an error that the rule already exists. I can not see them so therefore I can not remove them. The fact that all I have to do to get the port forwarding rule to work again is to simply disable and then enable port forwarding again is telling me the rule exists and is just not being applied until I restart the service or the router. Then it may work for days before it stops working again. 

You can try hard resetting modem and then try setting but the device after configuring it. This will help you in getting the issue fixed. But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network. Follow the steps mentioned on the below link to reset modem.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Factory-Reset