Skip to main content
Solved

problems with sbg8300 router causing disconnects

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

This post is referring to my past posting in this forum topic titled “intermittent disconnects SBG8300”.

I am interested in finding out if there is/are any settings for the router portion of the modem that could have an affect on disconnects I am receiving when gaming. 

I have narrowed it down to the router being at the root of my problem.

I had set-up “enable bridge mode”, which completely bypasses the router for a direct connect through the modem and experienced no disconnects.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also, it is still under warranty.  Is there a way for me to contact Arris directly for tech support or does their warranty only pertain to repair and or replacement?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +2

**Update**   
Got ahold of Arris tech support yesterday and was directed to setup a dedicated IP address for the computer I use for gaming.    Done

Had a server disconnect today after 1.5 hrs of game play and another after 15 minutes.

Thought this would have taken care of the problem.
Guess it doesn’t look that way.

Help

Suggestions

ideas 

Badge +2

Following the last disconnect,(after setting up the dedicated IP address) I cleared the DNS cache and reset/renewed the DNS address using the following commands in the Command Prompt.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

After completing these commands, restarted the computer before loading and playing the game.

After 3 days of testing, I think this problem may have been resolved.