Question

SB8300 Connection Drops Every Hour

• 21 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

As the title says, every hour at nearly the exact same time my connection drops for ~1-3 minutes. Has been happening for roughly a month. Drops both wifi and ethernet connections. Only device connected is the PC.

I had a cox technician tell me to my face it was from ‘overheating’ on a router that had worked just fine in warmer conditions, nevertheless the signal drops like clockwork and not spontaneous heat problems.

Have also set all ‘lease duration’ settings to forever.

This set of logs is from today, where the two at 11:53 correspond to (I think) when my PC was first on (the only device connected) on, and today all disconnections have happened at xx:53.

Any help is appreciated, but I’d like to make good on my active warranty as this device is <1 year old and getting a new device would silence at lot of likely bogus suggestions I’ve received so far.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case to check on your case further we would suggest you to reach out to our Arris technical support by Arris.com/consumersupport if your modem is under warranty.

Since you mentioned that your modem is overheating please disconnect the modem from power.