Skip to main content

We purchased an SBG8300 modem/router approximately a year and a half ago. Since we’ve had it, we haven’t had a month go by that the modem doesn’t lose network connection, reboot, lose network connection, & reboot numerous times before working again. There’s no rhyme or reason as to when it occurs (morning, afternoon, evening) and it affects every device connected to it. We’ve tried various things to solve the issue but it keeps occurring.

I’ve had Xfinity come out to check it but they can’t find any issues. I’ve reset the modem on several occasions and even changed the network names but that hasn’t helped. I’ve changed out the coax cable to the modem & I even replaced all of the Ethernet cables going to and from the modem but no luck. 

I just recently stumbled upon the QAM Upstream Power Level solution. However, when I log into the modem settings, from what I can see, according to my research information, the power levels seem completely fine. I’ve attached 4 screenshots from the modem settings for review in hopes that I’m reading the information incorrectly. 

I have been using Arris Surfboard products and recommending them to everyone I can because they’ve always been a top notch product. So much so that I have been blaming Xfinity this entire time for this issue, but I’m starting to think, and I cringe when I think this, maybe it’s not an Xfinity issue., I am seriously disappointed with the SBG8300 model because of this network disconnection issue and I really need some help with a resolution. Hopefully Arris is willing to bend over backwards to assist me with correcting this issue or I will be taking my business elsewhere, and stop recommending Arris to others.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for the details, all the values are in accepted level but still you are having issues so we would suggest you to re-provision the modem by the service provider that will reconfigure the setup for better connectivity and speed. 

Also to could you please help us with the speed plan that you are in with your service provider?