Skip to main content
Solved

sbg8300 intermittent internet connection.

• 3 July 2024
  • 3 replies

It's random. But, my modem looses both 2.4 and 5g connection. Randomly. Hardwire works fine. Usually resetting modem temporarily fixes problem. But, it can happen anytime. 1 day, 1 hour or even a few days later. Sometimes multiple times a day. My dad has same modem and never has this problem!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

since this happening on wifi we would suggest you to try changing wifi channels  will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak.  Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

After changing wifi channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

Badge

Have tried everything that has been mentioned and more that I thought of. 

One thing I've discovered. The problem starts with the 5g. Then jus5 cascades after that.

Sometimes can go days with out having to reset. Other days, might have to reset 2 or 3 times in one day.

Pretty sure, it has an overheating problem. Since warranty, haven't had a year yet. But passed the 90 day. Need a replacement. Trying to contact Arris about it. Not looking forward to that!

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are experiencing the modem with overheating issue, I request you to disconnect the modem from power outlet for safety reason.

Please visit www.arris.com/consumersupport for warranty claims.