Skip to main content
Solved

SBG8300 internal and external port fields not shown

I have multiple computers that all need the same internal port number exposed on separate external ports (example : router:1001 → hostA: 443, router:1002 → hostB:443)

When I try to set port forwarding settings per the documentation (https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Port-Forwarding-Setup/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle)  Using “other” as a “common service” I am never presented with the internal and external start/end port number fields, just Start and End Port.  Because of this I cannot set separate internal and external port numbers.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a configuration / host issue that I need to address to make this work?

Thanks!  

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello jcrokicki,

Thank you for the question about your port forwarding setup. @SURFboard Support will further assist you.

Badge +1

And how will that occur?  Will they reach out to me or do I need to initiate a support call?

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hello @jcrokicki,

I will be able to assist on this forum.  Please provide the SBG8300 firmware version, the browser name and version, and screenshot of the port forwarding setup you’re trying to setup.  

Is this the configuration you’re trying to do?

Badge +1

Using Chrome 114.0.5735.199 and FireFox 115.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Firmware versions:

Software Image Name:AR01.01.137_031319_701.NCS.10

Firmware Version:01.01.137.NCS

RDK-B-LLC:rdkb-2.1-20161219

SDK:7.0

Wi-Fi Driver:4.6.92.8.26.0

My UI differs from the screenshot you provided.

I have verified with Spectrum (my internet provider) that this is the latest firmware from their end.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I understand what’s going on with your Port Forwarding setup.  When you select from the Common Service, the port is selected.  If you like to specify the external port and internal port, select Other for Common Service.

Badge +1

Not on my device.

Why do your screen shots have no IPv6 information while mine does?

Something here continues to be different.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I was using a test unit on my desk. I updated my comment with the image from our FAQ.  I’ll need to report this to our internal team.  In the mean time, setup the rule by selecting Other for Common Service and save the rule.  Then try editing that rule to see if the external port fields appear.

Badge +1

Edit does not provide it either.

Different rule below.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hello @jcrokicki 

I reported your Port Forwarding setup internally.  While we’re waiting their update, I suggest setting up Port Forwarding in the SURFboard Central (SBC) app.  When you’re pairing the SBC app with your SBG8300, select the bottom link “Click here if you have previously installed with Web based UI portal”.

Badge +1

I had tried that early on; it did not work either.

I have since reverted back to my previous modem/router because of this problem and lack of NAT loopback and returned the device from where I purchased it. 

My next venture will be with an Arris S33 modem + Netgate router.  I’m hoping that combination will work better.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Thanks for sharing the result with the port forwarding setup in the app.  I’m sorry that the SBG8300 didn’t work out for you.  I’ll provide an update on this post for the Community.