Solved

SBG8300 Lost connection

• 10 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have Xfinity internet in PA and tonight at the same time, everything lost connection to the internet. My devices could still connect to the modem, but could not access internet. It has been raining, so I figured there must have been an xfinity outage. After reaching out, (and of course restarting the modem multiple times) they confirmed that there were no issues on their end and they were able to send “refresh signals” to my modem, but it still could not access internet. I upgraded about a year and a half ago and I still had my SBG10 laying around. So, while talking to xfinity customer support, I was able to activate that modem and sure enough, that one works fine. No issues. 

I have had no issues with the SBG8300 in almost a year and a half until today. What could be the problem here??

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 23 March 2024, 21:32

View original

4 replies

I'm having same .Issue Comcast ran all kinds of tests. Said they have numerous calls with Arris routers in my area not connecting?  I live In Dover,Pa.

Badge

I'm having same .Issue Comcast ran all kinds of tests. Said they have numerous calls with Arris routers in my area not connecting?  I live In Dover,Pa.

Interesting. I wonder why my old arris would have no problem though? 

I plugged in my old  stuff and had no issues either

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

As you had mentioned sbg8300 had not been connected to internet. Let us try doing a Reset as you had tried already doing rebooting the modem many times.

After Reset if still the modem is not connecting to internet, please visit arris.com/consumersupport.

To try Reset please follow the below link: 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Factory-Reset