Solved

sbg8300 Modem works router doesn't?

• 14 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Activated this thru my internet provider, he says he sees it connected and all looks good to him, but neither a wired connection or wireless works. Can access webpage when wired with a designated ip. Cant access using auto ip. No wireless devices will connect. Wired device using designated ip will only get you to device webpage, no place else. The wireless networks are broadcasting, and accept password but dont connect.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 12 February 2024, 20:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

did you try a factory reset? 

Badge

After speaking w/ 3 different Arris techs, the 3rd one figured it out. Must have done 20 restarts over the course of several hours on text chat w/ them. The unit wasn’t saving the dhcp setting. Ty for the quick reply though.

Badge +1

It will probably stop working again.  Arris shipped me a replacement SBG8300 2 days ago because the DHCP service stops until disabled, then enabled again.  The replacement is doing the same exact thing.  I guess I’m going to have to statically assign my home PC and have it act as the DHCP server for my home network.

Badge

How did you get in touch with a tech?

Badge +1

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/ConsumerProductSupport?t=Call&utm_source=SURFboardSite&utm_medium=contact-us&utm_campaign=surfboard-resources-call

I had to enter my model and serial number to verify it was under warranty to get the number, but I’ve since learned it’s available with a web search.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

How did you get in touch with a tech?

To contact the Arris Technician please contact arris.com/consumersupport 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

It will probably stop working again.  Arris shipped me a replacement SBG8300 2 days ago because the DHCP service stops until disabled, then enabled again.  The replacement is doing the same exact thing.  I guess I’m going to have to statically assign my home PC and have it act as the DHCP server for my home network.

Hope you are able to connect to the internet again If not please contact arris.com/consumersupport 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Activated this thru my internet provider, he says he sees it connected and all looks good to him, but neither a wired connection or wireless works. Can access webpage when wired with a designated ip. Cant access using auto ip. No wireless devices will connect. Wired device using designated ip will only get you to device webpage, no place else. The wireless networks are broadcasting, and accept password but dont connect.

After doing the reset, hope you can connect to the Wi-Fi Network with the default password which is available at the bottom/beside the device