Skip to main content

I got this modem router ~60 days ago (of course past my return time) and have recently ran into what seems like bottlenecking/spikes in ping randomly while gaming/streaming. 

I originally thought this issue was just my pc but then my devices connected via Wi-Fi also had buffering hiccups

This didn’t start until yesterday. Unplugged and replugged everything. Contacted ISP, everything was good on their end. Deleted temp files..etc…etc.

only not new part of the hardware is my 30ft cable wire. However, it was working fine with my previous modem router and internet speed.

when I test the speed I’m at expected levels. But again, it’s random when it happens and it’s across multiple devices.

has anyone ran into this? Any help is welcome

Do you have a copy of the cable connections page (shows upstream/downstream values) and the event logs? Those help check the connection back to the isp

Here my up/down

what exactly are you looking for in my event logs? I have a lot of “missing prefix available”, “missing required option”

Event logs tells us long term connections back to the isp. 

And I’m looking for the cable connections page from the modem, not your computer. Your throughput will change dynamically based on the server you connect to so it isn’t that helpful. 

I will be completely honest, I am not savvy enough to know how to pull the information you are asking for. 

Is there a tut on how to get this to help me out?

Hello johnnybusolin,

To check on the cable signal levels, do follow the link below and screen  share the same :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-Cable-Signal-Levels

check on the downstream and upstream cable signal levels i.e downstream power and snr values and upstream power values 

This will help us to know if the values are on acceptable range .