Skip to main content
Question

Talktone Web Phone App is not working on SB8300

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a web app Talktone to make phone calls using WIFI. It was working fine, but all of a sudden it states that it is being blocked by the firewall that I never did anything. I was using the SBG6900 DOCSIS 3.0    I ended up buying the SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 and the same issues. Spectrum told me that they changed to a new version because of speed. Can anyone explain/help.  Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case you can try setting the SIP passthrough setup on your modem GUI which will allow the Talktone device to connect to the modem wifi network so please do follow the steps mentioned on below article to setup.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG8300-SIP-Passthrough-Setup

Badge

Thank you, but I am not sure where are you getting that. I am attaching a screen shot of exactly what I get when I am at the advance.  I do not see ALG or anything even close.  Please explain:

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest changing the security mode by logging in to the GUI web portal.

Gateway>Connections>Wi-Fi>Home Wi-Fi network>Edit on 2.4g >security mode as WPAWPA2PSK(TKIP/AES).

If the problem persists after changing the security mode, please contact Talk Tone support for further assistance.

Badge

When I had the SBG6900 DOCSIS 3.0 it worked for several years without no issues. The cable company went to DOCSIS 3.1 and it stopped working to include my computer websites becoming non responsive. I bought the SBG8300 and you told me to try two things. The first thing you suggested my SBG8300 did no show on my end. The second suggestion did not work. However, at my friend’s house last week it work and he has DSL internet. The error when trying to use Talktone it says that it is being blocked by the network. This may happen when connecting via a VPN.  Something that I do not have.

It is ashamed that you suggested two things and did not work. The signal is coming straight from the SBG8300. I might consider returning this modem/router SBG8300.