Question

Unable to Add Device from surfboard app in Parental Controls - SBG8300

• 27 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am trying to set up Parental Controls through the SURFBoard Central App on my SBG8300. In My Experiences tab I have created a User Profile under Parental Control and when I move to +Add Device I see a selection of devices I can select.  When I select a device and click ADD DEVICE at the bottom it spools for a while and then clears the page, not adding the device.  It does this with every device on the list.  I cannot add any devices as it spools and then clears ever time.  Why is it spooling and what can I do to get a device added to the User Profile? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you try the parental control setup by accessing modem GUI through the surfboard central app

Once you logged in on the Menu bar select Access GUI control select Launch Web GUI then copy paste the password mentioned on the surfboard central app. On the modem GUI try setting up the parental control. 

Regarding this application issue, try logging out and login again then try parental control setup

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Parental-Control-Trusted-Devices-Setup

Badge

I was able to launch the web interface and navigated to the Parental Control tab. On the web interface there is less options for parental control and I do not see where you can create a user profile.  iIs there instructions for how to create a profile and add devices?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Please find the below link for the instructions to create profile and add devices.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Parental-Control-Setup

Badge

That link is for the app.  Per the previous response I need to use the web version. I do not see an option to create a user profile in the web version. Per my initial issue in the app I am unable to add devices to a created user profile.  They will not load.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you uninstall the SBC app and reinstall it again to add devices under parental control?