Solved

Warning message on ARRIS - Login

I get the message below on login screen:

“The version of Chrome you are using is unsupported. Your Gateway's web interface has been tested to work with the minimum version: 70.0.3538.110.

You may proceed with an unsupported version, but you might experience issues using the pages.”

SBG8300 was bought 3 weeks ago at BestBuy..

My Chrome version is:  

“Chrome is up to date

Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)”

WHY the silly message? 

icon

Best answer by plemans 13 July 2022, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I seen that on my SBG8300 as well. I ignored it. Everything has worked fine. Sadly the firmware rarely gets updated on these as its part of the provisioning. 

Those kind of quirky error messages are an indication of a schlock operation.

I have to ignore the message everytime i use the application.

I’m returning the router to Best Buy and will NOT buy another ARRIS POS again. 

SCHLOCK operation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You’ll find that any of the modem/router combo devices have their firmware pushed from the ISP. If you’re wanting to avoid that, I’d recommend buying a modem separate from the router. That way you control the firmware on the router. 

I don't know if the message is coming from the router or the modem part of the box. 

ARRIS should make an effort to not confuse their customers is my thinking. Many are already confused, lol. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I’m sure its a built in check that was probably pretty appropriate when the router was first released to ensure you were using a compatible browser that was updated/secure. Again, problem is that modem/router combo devices rarely (if ever) get updates. Arris releases updates but on modems and combo devices, the isp has to certify them and they rarely do. As long as all your features are working, I’d ignore it as your browser is likely to be more secure than the version its saying is “outdated”.  Worth having a post on just in case Arris sees it and can include it in an update on a “critical issue” the isp has to push. 

Thank you plemans for your info.

Much appreciated.

Device works fine, I’m just a picky fellow I guess.

Userlevel 1

This is a false warning that occurs in Chromium browsers (Chrome, Edge). There’s not any actual issue from it and you can safely proceed past the message.

We do have a fix for this that will be rolling out later to get rid of the false warning message.

GREAT !!

Happy to see that ARRIS is taking action to fix this false, nagging message.

I have decided to KEEP the router due to your promiose to fix that “nag”.

Thanks!

Those devices should last at least 5 years before advances in technology say “replace it”

If firmware and browser interfaces are ignored by manufacturers this indicates a cultural issue in the company brand.

The issue is not the device is the vendor.
These devices are not cheap and I can rent them from other companies or other brands for almost the same but decided to spend repeatedly almost $300 every 3-5 years on this brand.
If that doesn't change seems that we need to spend the money where vendors are more interested to keep relations with the clients.
Being annoying every time that you are using the Web interface is not what this is about. This is about support and customer care. 

Geniuses think alike, lol.

I TOTALLY agree with your post.

Marked as “Best answer”.