Solved

SBG7400AC2 fails Speed Test using SURFboard Central App 4.0.9

• 6 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Purchased the SBG7400AC2 recently.

Out of the box the speed test worked with Spectrum.  After configuring it with custom SSID, etc. I now get this error.  I am using this on an Android phone.

Is there a setting I’ve missed?  Can this be configured on the Web UI?
http://192.168.0.1/router.html

Functionally, the internet speed is working fine with Spectrum and the Modem/Router.  I just can’t get a successful test from the app.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 1 October 2022, 01:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Does it work if you just test using the speedtest app and not the built in test? 

Speedtest sites and reqular internet functionality is fine.  Just can’t use the the Surfboard apps built in speedtest.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Could be something on the backend thats not connecting right now. 

Did you try a simple reboot of the router? 

Unfortunately that did not work.  I ended up factory resetting and tried connecting and configuring with the SURFboard Central App.  Now that can’t connect and configure. :(

I was able to get back up and running using the Web UI with no issues and now the router/modem is functioning as I need it to.

I’ll wait and see if a future update to the app resolves my problem.

Appreciate your assistance and quick responses!

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

could be the app having issues. I’ve seen a different post with app issues earlier. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

there is this post too. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello psupa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I’d like to know if you could reinstall the app and see if the issue persists. 

Answering your other questions, besides using the app you can also configure the device by going to 192.168.0.1 and access the web interface.

I’ll attach the steps on how to log in by getting the login information from the app once it was set up:

1. Tap the Menu bar link on the top-left screen.

User-added image

2. Tap the Access Web Interface box.

User-added image

3. The Web Manager Login credentials are displayed next to the username and password fields.  Tap the Copy button to copy the password. 

4. Tap the Launch Web GUI button. The mobile device will open a new screen in the browser.  The http:// Redirect page will appear for the SURFboard Gateways (G34, G36, SBG8300).

NOTE: The (G34, G36, SBG8300) login is the email address that was used to set up the SURFboard Central app or the (SBG10, SBG6950AC2, SBG7580-AC, SBG7400AC2, SBG7600AC2) login is admin and the unique password that is on the Web GUI Access screen.  The displayed password is case sensitive. 

User-added image User-added image

5. On the https:// Redirect screen, tap the proceed button.

User-added image

NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager.  There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. 

6. On the Login screen, enter the email address used to setup the SURFboard Central app in the Email Address field or admin is auto populated in the Username field.

7. Enter the SURFboard Central password from the Web GUI Access screen into the Password field.  The password is case sensitive.

8. Click the Login or Apply button.  The Gateway > Summary or System Basic Setup page will appear.

User-added image User-added image

Let us know if this helps.