Question

Surfboard Central App and SBG10 Combo Modem/Router

• 29 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

My ISP svc rep helped me overcome an installation error on my part (ID-10-T) after I failed to provide the proper ID to my ISP. (Rep was also updating/troubleshooting my overall connection & cabling).

The SBG10 now works perfectly.

Question: What purpose is the Surfboard Central app now?

--When I try to use it, it wants to start the installation of the unit again, which I certainly don’t want to do. App only seems to give me option for initial installation or to choose an option if I’ve already installed used the “legacy app.”

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello RAR,

The purpose of Surfboard Central App is we can use in customizing Wi-Fi name and password , accessing GUI page, checking on connected devices, parental control and so on.

To access the Surfboard Central App please click on the below link and follow the steps :

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-SBG10-Setup

As you had mentioned start installation of the unit step is repeated again on Sufboard Central App , please note on the Surfboard Central App proceed till STEP NO: 18 if you had already activated the modem select the SKIP option and in the next STEP NO: 19 select I AM ONLINE  and then proceed further you will be able to successfully install the Surfboard Central App.

Incase of any clarifications you can contact us.