Solved

SBR-AC3200P cant connect wifi and failed to update firmware

• 1 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Upgrade firmware failed, then the router goes to abnormal status. RJ45 cannot get the IP address. WIFI can login, but it will display configuration guide only. The configuration process cannot finish, and then the router hangs.

Tried RESET, but the problem is same. 

Any method could rescue the router? 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Support 4 March 2024, 21:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I couldn’t even find where to download the firmware from. And I’ve never had to try to recover from a corrupt firmware issue on arris. On Linksys/Netgear I have a couple times. 

Maybe @SURFboard_Big_Kahuna might have any info if these device have a tftp recovery option. Or if they have access to the firmware. 

When you reset, did you try a 30-30-30 reset? Some older devices responded well to that method

Badge

what is 30-30-30 reset?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

while powered on, push and hold reset for 30 seconds.

power it off while still holding reset for 30 seconds

power it back on while still holding reset for 30 seconds. 

Badge

thanks for reply! If I am right, the reset button will hold for more than 90 seconds, right?

I tried, and the status is going to panel LED is RED. and no WIFI. but RJ45 connect still cannot get IP. manually config 192.168.0.10 or 192.168.1.10, cannot ping getway or login website. 

Anything I need to do after 30-30-30? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Unless @SURFboard_Big_Kahuna has any recovery options, you might be in a hardware failure point. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @yakjian,

Sorry to hear about your SBR-3200P router.  Your product is discontinued and we no longer offer support or firmware upgrades.  How did you upgrade the firmware? 

You can check the LED status and try the factory reset in the GUI if you can access it.  The default LAN IP is 192.168.0.1.  Try with Ethernet connection and assign static IP on your PC with 192.168.0.50 to get to the GUI.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBR-AC3200P-LED-Light-Status

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBR-AC3200P-Factory-Reset

Mee too!🤣

It was the venomous snake Satan who tempted me to eat the forbidden fruit, and then I encountered the same problem. Is there any way to enter the emergency mode?

Upgrade firmware failed, then the router goes to abnormal status. RJ45 cannot get the IP address. WIFI can login, but it will display configuration guide only. The configuration process cannot finish, and then the router hangs.

Tried RESET, but the problem is same. 

Any method could rescue the router? 

You can plug a USB Modem (also known as a wireless data card) into the USB interface of the router, so that it can complete? Wizard and reach the login interface. However, after going in, the firmware upgrade still will not succeed.